Weego, an innovator of portable jump starters and rechargeable battery packs, has announced the launch of Weego Jump Starter 44 – an all-new portable jump starter that redefines the industry with unique technological features never seen before in the market. The Weego 44 is easily the safest and simplest jump starter on the market; it can be used by anyone: from first-time boaters to captains who need power when on-the-go.
Weego design and electrical engineers created Weego 44 to ensure it is easy-to-use, safe and reliable; and that it provides power to start a gas engine up to 6.4 liters, as well as charge mobile devices including phones, tablets, laptops and other USB devices. Taking a page from the tremendous success of the original Jump Starter Battery+ line, Weego Jump Starter 44 is packed with new-and-improved features to reinforce its unique design, ergonomic form and intuitive functionality.
- Orange Exterior – In a sea of black and silver engine room interiors, dark storage compartments, and the possible requirement for emergency jump starts in the dead of night, highly visible “Weego orange” makes an attention-getting statement.
- Unique Styling – Smooth lines and a hand-friendly, compact shape makes Weego 44 easy to hold and store while being infinitely fun to look at.
- Big Battery Power – Premium, high-quality, lithium-polymer battery is capable of jump starting any gas engine up to 6.4 liters and 3.2 liter diesel engines.
- Smarty Clamps™ – Deliver Weego power to the vessel’s battery using sight and sound to help guide through the jumping process.
- Enhanced Safety – Connection Detection, Over-heat Protection and Power Surge Protection technologies in the Smarty Clamps™ are just some of the new safety features of Weego 44.
- Rugged Design – Especially perfect for boaters, rated with a surf ‘n turf IP65 spec, Weego Jump Starter 44 is protected against exposure to any dust and water spray often encountered in marine environments. A hood covers the power supply input when not in recharge mode and a gasket-edged front cover protects the outputs.
- Onboard Flashlight – A 500 lumen flashlight with two LED lenses will stay illuminated for up to 14 hours on a single charge; the flashlight has its own dedicated power button and also has strobe and SOS functions, lasting up to 28 hours on a single charge.
- Thoughtful Convenience – A hook and lanyard allows Weego 44 to be suspended when a stable, flat surface isn’t available during a jump start; or hang it to illuminate the engine too.
- Detect-O-Matic™ USB-Device Charging – Get the fastest charge possible with quick-charge compatible phones, tablets, speakers and more.
- 12-Volt Accessory Power – A dedicated 12-volt port provides convenient power for accessories like portable marine electronics, air compressors, lanterns and more.
- 19-Volt Laptop Charging – A dedicated 19-volt port allows for fast and easy charging for most laptops.
- Reliable Battery Technology – The unit can be fully discharged and recharged up to 1,000 times and with the onboard Master On/Off Button, Weego Jump Starter 44 only loses two percent of its power per month when not in use. Even after being stored for two years, Weego 44 will still have about 50 percent of its charge. It also has an easy-to-read series of five power indicator lights.
- Peace-of-Mind – Weego Jump Starter 44 is independent lab tested and fully covered under Weego’s ‘Crazy-Long’ 18-month warranty.
One of the most exciting breakthroughs of Weego 44 is its all-new, patent-pending Smarty Clamps™ that make jump starting an engine easier than ever. Designed with a rear hinge point, Smarty Clamps™ have jaws that open much wider than traditional clamps making it easier to connect the device to any battery terminals. The ergonomic design also ensures a better grip regardless of hand size and strength. Each jaw delivers power from both sides guaranteeing the best jump-start connection possible. Extra-long, 24-inch cables make hard-to-reach connections to the battery terminals incredibly easy.
Weego 44 was designed with a complete set of safety and convenience features, which sets it apart from all other jump starters. Lights and sounds built into the Smarty Clamps™ make it easy for the user to instantly know that a successful engine start is possible. New Connection Detection technology displays a green light to indicate the cables are properly connected and ready for a jump start. A red light lets the user know the unit is improperly connected or not connected to a 12-volt system. Flashing lights and a buzzing noise alerts the user to a Reverse Polarity issue (crossed cables) on the battery terminals. Weego 44 also has Over-heat Protection, which prevents any damage of Weego during cranking; after a cool down period, it resets itself for another jump. Power Surge Protection shuts Weego 44 down automatically if the engine requires more power than Weego is rated to deliver and Anti-Spark Protection ensures the unit will not spark if the clamps touch each other or other metal objects.
“We set out to create an all-new product incorporating features not found in any other portable jump starter,” said Gerry Toscani, CEO of Weego. “After hundreds of our own jump starts, asking lots of questions in the field, and amassing awesome, unaided feedback from users, we developed a product to help any boater, angler, motorist, thrill-seeker and weekend warrior stay powered, keep moving, and worry less in their travels. Dead batteries stink and can ruin perfectly great days. So we’ve made sure that anyone can use it because really, everyone should have it.”
“Being entrenched in this industry for 3 years now has helped us develop very sophisticated technologies with improved safety features, yet made it very easy for everyone to use. Maintaining a superior-quality build with long-lasting, high-grade components continues with this next generation of reliable, portable power. With Weego 44, traditional jumping takes a thumping,” Toscani continued.
Weego 44 packaging is a very unique, retro-inspired, keepsake lunchbox. “You could say we think outside the lunchbox,” teased Toscani. Included inside is the unit, Smarty Clamps™, wall charger, car charger, water-resistant carrying case, hook and lanyard, quick start guide and instruction manual.
The SRP of Weego Jump Starter 44 is $149.99. Available in August, it is the latest product in a complete line-up of Weego jump starters, jump starter accessories and rechargeable battery packs. Additional jump starters, extending the line from Weego 44 will be released early 2017.
Weego products are sold at www.myweego.com and at major online and brick and mortar retailers nationwide.